Air conditioning maintenance walkthrough. Your HVAC system is one of your home’s biggest investments and will keep your family cool and comfortable for about ten to twenty years. A great way to extend the life of your unit is to schedule regular maintenance checks to ensure everything is working properly and small problems are resolved before they become larger ones. But what does the maintenance check actually look like? We’ve outlined the top seven steps of an air conditioning maintenance walk-through below.
What Does Air Conditioning Maintenance Look Like?
Fortunately, once you schedule your air conditioning maintenance appointment, the rest is up to your HVAC technician. They will take their time to inspect all components of your system to ensure they are working properly. The entire process typically only takes around an hour.
What Does Air Conditioning Maintenance Include?
When your HVAC technician performs your air conditioning maintenance check, they will complete the following seven inspections:
- Replace or clean the air filter. This is something you should be doing every month, but your technician will take care of it for you once during your appointment.
- Double-check the refrigerant levels to be sure there are no leaks.
- Inspect the thermostat to determine if it is reading the temperature of your home correctly, and recalibrate it if it isn’t.
- Check the condenser and evaporator coils to make sure they are unobstructed, clean, and able to release and absorb heat.
- Inspect and tighten all electric connections.
- Lubricate and clean fan motors to relieve mechanical stress and help extend their lifespan.
- Empty and clean the drain pan so it isn’t at risk of overflowing.
During your air conditioning maintenance check, your technician will let you know if they uncover any problems or potential issues. If something is wrong with your unit, do not delay in getting it fixed. The last thing you need is a broken system during the summer’s hottest heatwave.
Fixing or Replacing Your System
The good news is, if your unit is less than ten years old, it’s likely that any problems can be repaired. However, if your unit is older than ten years, it may be the right time to begin considering options for a replacement. Fortunately, the many technological advancements of the last few years have made HVAC systems smarter, more efficient, and more convenient.
For example, the XV20i TruComfort™ Variable Speed unit by Trane has variable cooling stages and is rated up to 22 SEER. When paired with their smart thermostat, the Trane ComfortLink™ II XL1050, managing your home comfort is easy, and you can do it while your system works to save you money on your energy costs.
Contact Your Local HVAC Professionals in Beaumont
If you need help repairing a broken unit, or if you’re looking to upgrade your unit to something more efficient, our highly skilled technicians at Air Solutions are here for you and your family’s home comfort needs. We offer air conditioning maintenance and service in Beaumont and the surrounding Southeast Texas area.
For more information about our heating and cooling system selection, or to schedule an appointment for repair or maintenance, contact us today at (409) 962-2476, or visit us at airsolutionstx.com/contact.